Beta 15 Closes Unexpectedly
I am on the beta channel and one would think that Firefox would want to and have an easy way to report issues, but that does not seem to be the case.
Anyway I have found that FireFox 15 just closes unexpectedly from time to time. It does not seem to be a crash (ie there is no freeze nor is there any restart attempt) it just closes--seems to be just like I intentionally closed the program. I would say that it does this every couple of hours--a pain if I am in the middle of something and have not saved, but mostly just annoying. If I leave the computer for any period of time with FireFox open, when I return to the computer Firefox is almost always closed. I have found this to be the issue for both 15.0b1 and 15.0b2.
Thought that someone might want to know; though since there is no way to report such issues I have my doubts. Not sure what the reason is to have us on beta.
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Version 1.1.7, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
You chose to install that Beta.
To report issues or proviide feedback. = Help > Submit Feedback = http://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
Thanks for the attempts to help.
However, I was not complaining about the program not working perfectly that is to be expected in a beta, I was complaining about Mozilla's complete inability to understand the purpose of having people on beta. There should be a direct link from beta versions for people to report bugs. THAT is the purpose of releasing beta versions. Every other company in the world knows this. SORRY but the generic FireFox made me happy or sad is not the place. It gets thousands of posts and is not specific to those working on FireFox 15. Posting there is as useless as posting here.
This is not on my end. I have a new profile and I have no plugins or extensions. This is a genuine bug in beta 15. But as usual Mozilla could care less as there is no place to report such things to them. That is why I questioned why I am on beta as me being on beta serves no purpose to Mozilla (who could care less) nor does it serve me any purpose.
Being on Beta does server a purpose, we do track all the information that is submitted to input, as well as all crashes in Beta. Are you experiencing a crash in beta? I'd be interested in seeing the crash ID.
It is good to know that you track feedback. It would be nice if it was easier, like a built in place in beta to submit feedback.
No the shutdowns are not crashes--they are program closers. The program just closes itself. Just about to update to beta 15.4. So I will see if it still does it, but 1, 2 & 3 all do.
There is a built in place to submit Feedback :) click the firefox button, click the arrow next to help, then click "Submit Feedback".