First my Win7 Destop began closing unexpectedly. Microsoft rstates it is due to Firefox. Today, no monitor picture?
First closing unexpectedly was the problem. Microsoft message said it is caused by the firefox browser. Now computer boots but no monitor picture. However, when I turn the monitor off and then on again, the windows home page can be seen for a few seconds, then screen goes black again. Please help. Since I cant fix the problem without seeing the monitor screen, Do you have a cd that can correct the problem? thanks,... PS. This message is being sent on my laptop since my desktop is not functioning due to the Monitor/s screen problem .
This could be a System or a Windows problem rather than a Firefox problem. Some suggestions to try :
- do you have an alternative monitor you could try with the desktop ?
- does the desktop monitor work when connected to the laptop ?
- have you tried starting the desktop in Windows safe mode and whilst not connected to the internet and not using firefox ?
- see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode
- does the monitor continue to work then
- does the system still crash ?
- are these the Blue Screen Windows crashes see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSOD
- if you do get the system and monitor working and have problems then see Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly)
Yes, this doesn't sound like a problem with firefox. But you should update from the very old firefox 4 to Firefox 11 ;)
If you can't correct it, I would take your PC to a local repair shop, as it seems that you are having some major hardware issues.
Or wait a few hours and get Firefox 12 due to be released today.
EDIT: Already seems to be available via update (I just updated Firefox 11 via Help > About), but not on the Mozilla site as of now.
由 cor-el 於 修改