.mp4 support extension source code
For my website I currently use .flv videos.
I want to switch to .mkv videos to show on my website but I don't believe firefox has support for mkv videos, only chrome.
I want to create an extension that allows for the viewing of .mkv videos.
I know firefox supports .mp4 videos and I would like a view of that source code so that it would be far more easy to incorporate support for .mkv videos.
Is there a place where I can get .mp4 support source code so that I can write an extension for .mkv videos?
- The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.9.10 (fedora-18.104.22.168.fc14-i386)) executes Java applets.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 2.32.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Firefox's natively supported codecs include WebM and OGG Theora. For the reasons described on this page, Firefox is limited in the types of encoding it can support; I don't think Firefox native plays H.264-encoded MP4: https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Media_formats_supported_by_the_audio_and_video_elements
I hadn't heard of .mkv before; I found this article with more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska Support was requested a couple of years ago, but the request was shelved. See 476727 – Support the Matroska (MKV) container.
As for where the code is: you can download the source code of Firefox, but the folks on this support board wouldn't be able to quickly point you to the parts relevant to video decoding. You might want to join one of the developer mailing lists or groups for more guidance there.
由 jscher2000 於 修改