Webcam does not get detected on gmail video chat
Since past few days whenever i try to connect to a video chat on gmail through Firefox, my webcam does not work. neither can i see the other person nor myself. Even while verifying the device settings everything except webcam/video works. However video chat works perfectly fine on IE or chrome.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Version 18.104.22.16830
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.15
- Google Update
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1994
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- vShare.tv plug-in
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Please check if this happens in a new profile. If the new profile is okay, you can later copy the needed personal data from the old profile and start using the new profile. You can then delete/troubleshoot the old profile. Firefox stores your personal data and settings in another location (profile folder) separate from its folders/files. A new profile would have the default Firefox settings in Tools (Alt + T) > Options and about:config, and usually would also be empty of Extensions and themes (Appearance) in Tools > Add-ons, and their settings. Also, a new profile would have no previous stored website cache/cookies/data/preferences: Tools > Clear Recent History.
I've found that enabling "video chat enhancements" under the Labs section in the GMail settings makes it work correctly on my computers. Downside to that is you will need more processing power, and it might not run on older or lower end machines, but it's probably worth a shot.