Since the import feature is missing from the Firefox 9 File menu, how do I import my bookmarks from Safari on an iMac using Lion?
I don't know what to add to the question, which is quite specific. I downloaded Firefox 9, but cannot find the Import section on the File Menu, as in previous versions, and as in the help section in Firefox Help.
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.9
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
I've looked at all other menus and help areas.
You should look at the Knowledge Base article Import data from another browser. This will show you how to import your bookmarks from lots of different browsers. The article has also been updated for 9.0.1, so you shouldn't have any problems!
Hopefully this helps!
I did utilize the Knowledge Base article, which is where I found that I could import from the File Menu in Firefox. My problem is that on my new Firefox 9.0, there is no Import feature on the Firefox File Menu.
Try clicking "Bookmarks/Show All Bookmarks" at the top of your browser and that may give you a popup window. There you should see the "Import and Backup" options.
Hope this helps!
You can find the Import menu entry in the Bookmarks Manager (Library)
- Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Import Data from Another Browser
"Import & Backup" is the third icon on the toolbar that looks like a star.
由 cor-el 於 修改
i had the same problem you describe. the simplest way i found to import my bookmarks from safari is to: with firefox open click on "bookmarks" then " show all bookmarks". you will get a folder titled "library". in the menu bar you will see a 5 pointed star. click on it to open the drop down box. one of the options is to "import data from another browser". then follow the instructions from there. this worked for me. hope this helps.
In Firefox 10, 'Import Data from Another browser' is greyed out and cannot be used!! So further information is needed! I am running OS X Lion 10.7.2
由 voicebox 於 修改