I have updated to the latest Firefox multiple times, but every time I open the browser, it say's "Your version of Firefox is no longer protected against online attacks. Get the upgrade - it’s fast and free!" and so I do again, and it still says it
Also, if I go to the Help dropdown, and the About Firefox it says I have the updated version 7.0.1 - but my email also keeps telling me that I need to update Firefox in order to keep using it.....
Your User Agent shows that you are using Firefox 3.5.4. Click on "More system details" to the right of your original question, scroll to the bottom and you will see the following:
- Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Reset your User Agent using the following instructions:
- See --> Reset your user agent and Resetting your useragent string to its compiled-in default
- What is a User Agent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Agent
- See --> Finding your Firefox version
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check: https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox
由 SafeBrowser 於 修改
If there are problems with updating then best is to download the full version and uninstall the currently installed version.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 7.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version.
- Do not remove personal data when you uninstall the current version or you lose your bookmarks and other data in the profile folder.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.