When I attempt to install a new version of firefox, I get an error message saying I do not have sufficient privileges for some of these items. What does this mean, and how can I correct this??
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8) AppleWebKit/534.50.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.6 Safari/533.22.3
Uninstall your current Firefox
- DO NOT SELECT TO REMOVE USER DATA AND SETTINGS
- Restart your system
Download latest Firefox version from one of these links using some other Web Browser:
Installing Firefox on Mac
Check and tell if its working.
由 Hasan 於 修改
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 6.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.