搜尋 Mozilla 技術支援網站

防止技術支援詐騙。我們絕對不會要求您撥打電話或發送簡訊,或是提供個人資訊。請用「回報濫用」功能回報可疑的行為。

Learn More

Embedded videos from Viddler unable to play

  • 4 回覆
  • 57 有這個問題
  • 2212 次檢視
  • 最近回覆由 Daveed84

more options

I have been having this problem for quite some time now and it finally bugged me enough to post about it. Anyway, on the Gawker Media sites (specifically Deadspin for this example) embedded videos from Viddler show a "Video not found" error message. However, if you get the link from the video and watch it directly it works fine. Also if you go to viddler.com and watch any video, they work fine. It appears as though something is messed up in how Firefox handles the embedding of the videos. Not sure if it is an HTML5 thing, a Gecko thing, or what but it works fine in G0ogle Chrome.

Here is a link of an example of what I am talking about: http://deadspin.com/5833185/espn-is-airing-a-tv-commercial-for-grantland and if you get the link for the video and go to it directly it works fine: http://cdn.static.viddler.com/flash/as3/full-publisher.swf?ref=&key=8ed093e8 The actual link was: http://www.viddler.com/embed/8ed093e8/ but I had to change it to http://www.viddler.com/player/8ed093e8/ based on advice from: http://www.viddler.com/forums/bugs/7491/

I am running Firefox v7.b1 and I tried it both with and without my add-ons enabled. My Flash and all other plugins are up to date. I had the exact same problem with Firefox v6 as well. Please fix this issue. Thanks

被選擇的解決方法

For those not following the viddler thread...

I "fixed" this issue by doing a full unisntall (removing all user settings) and installing FF cleanly. I installed all of my addons one by one and it still works (even with adblock on) It must be some setting in about:config that we have which prevents viddler/vimeo from working.

The ipc plugin "fixes" had no effect on me

Just got tired of waiting for a solution and a clean install did it

從原來的回覆中察看解決方案 👍 2

所有回覆 (4)

more options

Same problem here since Firefox 5. Black background with "Video Not Found" in white font for all viddler embeds.

more options

選擇的解決方法

For those not following the viddler thread...

I "fixed" this issue by doing a full unisntall (removing all user settings) and installing FF cleanly. I installed all of my addons one by one and it still works (even with adblock on) It must be some setting in about:config that we have which prevents viddler/vimeo from working.

The ipc plugin "fixes" had no effect on me

Just got tired of waiting for a solution and a clean install did it

more options

Based on rschmitty's reply, I attempted a clean install. This seems to fix everything. Not sure where, when, or how something got screwed up, but this is a fairly simple fix. It even continued to work after installing all my add-ons.

After a little research I did find a couple things that can cause this to mess up. Viddler is very picky about their hotlinking and tries to control who links to their videos. Thus if you go to about:config and change the network.http.sendRefererHeader (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.sendRefererHeader) to anything other than the default of '2' that messes up any video links from Viddler, not just the links on Gawker Media websites. This change is often required by websites like http://crazedlist.org/ or any other mass craigslist searching sites. Just remember that if you change the network.http.sendRefererHeader option, you must change it back for videos to work.

Another thing that can screw with the Viddler video linking are add-ons which basically do the same thing as modifying the network.http.sendRefererHeader option. One such add-on is RefControl, which if you change from anything but the default will cause the 'Video Not Found' error. If you use add-ons like RefControl be sure to add viddler.com to your whitelist/normal referer list so that this doesn't happen.

This is not an exhaustive list of things which can cause this problem, but it appears that anything like the two above examples which mess with the http referer header will cause it. Maybe reinstalling is not necessary if you simply check anything that may be modifying this option.

由 buffett23 於 修改

more options

Amazing! I set network.http.sendRefererHeader back to "2" (from "0") and it fixed the problem entirely. Not only that, but it fixed several other Referer problems I was having on other sites. I'm ecstatic right now. Thank you!