2 pro. can't submit idea / upgrade idea for "most visited"
Since I can not get the "submit feedback" button in "...Idea for Firefox" to work, I'm trying this as an alternative way to submit.
The Most Visited tab seems to be beyond the users control. I have some places I visit frequently that don't seem to register or don't seem to last long if they do. It would be nice if users could: 1.) Control how many items this listing contains 2.) Set some of them to be semi-permanent (sort of a subset of the Bookmarks List which now seems stuck at screen right). Since there is already a delete control, it would be easy to manually eliminate things no longer important. 3.) It would be nice to be able to organize (sort, partition, highlight) items in the listing, just as is possible with the traditional bookmarks files.
- "Most Visited" and "Recently Bookmarked" are examples of the so called Smart Bookmarks folders and are not real existing folders.
- Such smart folders show a list created by a query of the places.sqlite database that stores the bookmarks and the history in Firefox.
- The bookmarks that show up in such smart folder listing are stored elsewhere in another folder and any changes made are applied to the real bookmark or history item.
- Such lists show a maximum of 10 entries by default and you add a new bookmark or visit a website then a new item is added at the top and the entry at the bottom disappears from that list.
- The items that are removed from the list are not gone, but merely do not show up anymore in that list.
- Any actions like copy & paste or delete that you perform on bookmarks in such a list are done on the original bookmark.
- If you do not want a specific list then remove that query (right-click: Delete), but do not delete the content that is displayed in such a list.
Most Visited: place:redirectsMode=2&sort=8&maxResults=30 Close and restart Firefox after you have created a new bookmark with the location set to that value.