I am using Firefox 6.0, however I am told to update my browser when visiting major sites like hotmail, hotwire, and even Firefox.com. How come?
When visiting various sites (including Firefox.com), I am told to upgrade my browser. However, I am using the latest browser from Firefox (6.0). There must be some information that the websites are not able to collect correctly from my browser, but I have no idea what it could be. I am accepting all third party cookies and such.
Even with previous version of Firefox and also after upgrading to 6.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206; .NET CLR 3.5; ffco7) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
Something is interfering with your user agent string which is showing Fx 3.0.11. It also has ffco7 which I'm not familiar with.
Someone will come by to help you with that. In the meantime you could do some troubleshooting(Safe Mode, Problematic extensions etc) - in Default theme -
Than you Alan. It is interesting that they system believes I am using Fx 3.0.11. Interesting that this was not fixed when I upgraded Firefox to 6.0. Perhaps doing a complete uninstall is the only option.
That probably won't help unless you abandon all your add-ons and preferences. Did you try the troubleshooting?
Can anyone help on your ffco7?
Something you installed affected your User agent. Reset it:
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
You are the king of rock and roll, thank you!