I have an Apple OSX 10.5.8 with 2Ghz powerPC G5, which doesn't accept the standarsversion of firefox 6, but someone made an adaptation, where do I find it?
I just need the name of the website, I know it exists, but I forgot the name.
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Met de QuickTime-plugin kunt u een grote verscheidenheid aan multimediamateriaal op webpagina's bekijken. Raadpleeg voor meer informatie de website van QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; nl; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110803 Firefox/3.6.20
For older Macs that aren't supported in Firefox 4 / 5 / 6, try TenFourFox for PowerPC's running Mac 10.4.11 & 10.5.8 .
You may be looking for TenFourFox.com ... which at the moment is offline due to some sort of outage.
I believe I have seen other projects, but that is one I tried a few releases ago. Sadly keeping the old (but still very functional) PPC machines running feels like walking down a swinging-rope bridge as someone is cutting the ropes one at a time.... I recently told a user we must budget to replace her Mac, even though it works fine for her, because its OS won't work at all with her new iPad. (Crafty devils, those Apple engineers!)