When I create a bookmark, the address is wrong. What is it that I am doing incorrectly?
I have tried to create a bookmark for any site and it gives it a different address. Most of the time it is a previous address that I have visited and not the current address. The address in the window is for the current address when I do it.
A possible cause is a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.
You should your old Firefox 3.0.6 version from 2009 to a more recent version.
- Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2009011912 Firefox/3.0.6
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the DMG file to the desktop
- Firefox 4.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.