WHY AM I NOT AUTO RE-DIRECTED TO WEBSITES IN LOCATION BAR?
In prior version of Firefox, when I'd click on a site in the drop down menu in location bar, I'd be automatically brought to that site. Now it doesn't load auto. Any way to change this back? Thanks.
This issue can be caused by an extension that isn't working properly.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
In Firefox 4 you can use one of these to start in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode:
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Hold down the Shift key while double clicking the Firefox desktop shortcut (Windows)
Thanks. In Safe Mode with add-ons disabled, clicking on a web site in drop down menu now auto re-directs to the site, but when not in Safe Mode, still doesn't auto load. Any idea which add-on would be causing this, or do I just need to trial and error?
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
I have a similar problem, but i get the warning bar that says the site is attemting to redirect. How do I tell it to do so for certain trusted sites, or disable it? Im attachin a screen shot of the extensions i have.
Thnx for the help.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > General : Accessibility : [ ] "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page"
The setting in "Tools > Options > Advanced > General" is meant as an accessibility feature, as you can see by the label of that section, so that people with disabilities or people who use screen readers do not get confused and is not meant as a safety protection to stop redirecting.
Tysvm! I thought it was a security measure.
ps. Is that for the windows or mac vers?
由 Scrimm 於 修改
The Tools > Option path is for Windows.
On other platforms instead of Tools > Options use:
- Mac: Firefox > Preferences
- Linux: Edit > Preferences
- Windows: Firefox > Options
Press F10 if the menu bar is hidden on Windows and Linux or use Firefox > Options/Preferences
Thank you. :)