搜尋 Mozilla 技術支援網站

防止技術支援詐騙。我們絕對不會要求您撥打電話或發送簡訊,或是提供個人資訊。請用「回報濫用」功能回報可疑的行為。

Learn More

Japanese text input has been faulty since I've upgraded to Firefox 4.

  • 無回覆
  • 23 有這個問題
  • 6 次檢視
more options

I can no longer go back and forth between Japanese and Latin characters like I used to.

It appears to stop working when I try to use Google Translate. I switch my keyboard input into Japanese, and instead of displaying the characters into the text box in the browser, the characters are displayed in a small text-only window appears at the bottom. This text box simply disappears when I hit enter, or when I switch the keyboard back to Latin input.

This same thing happens when I am using other applications that does not support non-Latin character input, and I forget to switch my keyboard back.

So far, it appears that East-Asian text (Hiragana/Katakana, Hangul, Bopomofo) is the only problem. Indic scripts (Devanagari, Thai, Tibetan, etc.), Arabic/Persian, Greek and Cyrillic seem all seem to be doing okay.

It may be a problem just with my own computer, but Chrome and Safari (both the latest versions) have no problem, and my word processors are working just fine too. Only Firefox is having this problem, and it started acting up when I upgraded.