Some images blocked, even after Addon Uninstall
I wanted to block some images on eBay, and naturally blocking ones I hated ended up blocking others I needed!
On Ebay, top right, the SELL icon. I hit SELL ITEM and where the blue SELL IT and green SELL YOUR ITEM should be, there's nothing. Everything else on the page is viewable. When I try to sell an item, the all important icon to click and put the auction live is missing. I uninstalled the blocker Addons, cleared the cache, but my browser still acts as if it should block those images.
Would moving up to Firefox 4.0 help? I really don't want more aggravation with learning a new version that apparently has major bugs (involving seeing the bookmark icon) etc. I just have no idea what's continuing to block certain images.
I blocked that obnoxious Kindle ad on the opening page of Amazon.com, and that's STILL blocked, too. Seems like the addon for removing images is still working even after it's been uninstalled.
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inc.http://www.veetle.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 1996-2006 The VideoLAN Team, 2006-2009 Veetle, Inc.http://www.veetle.com
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2
I found an answer out of pure luck...I went to TOOLS, Page Info, and saw that several entries were gray, and in italics. There was a box checked for blocking, and I unchecked it. Images returned.
Just why the box remained checked after I uninstalled the add-on, I have no idea.
The add-on might have stored the sites in Firefox's block list. To see what other sites were blocked, check here:
Firefox > Preferences > Content
Try the Exceptions button to the right of "Load images automatically"
I have Firefox 4.0.1 running on a 32 bit Vista PC and it is also screwing up eBay selling page information. Images aren't loading, text runs off the edge of the screen, other text is overlayed, drop-down menus don't work, etc, etc . . . . a real mess.
Up until now Firefox has been great, but Firefox 4 has been a disaster - the only solution seems to be to roll back to a version which actually works.
@znww5, if you want assistance troubleshooting, please post a new question supplying your add-ons list.
It is possible that you have clicked "Block Images" in the right-click context menu while saving an image.
Firefox 4 doesn't have the context menu entry anymore.
由 cor-el 於 修改