how do I uninstall aol toolbar
I have an aol toolbar on my screen under the firefox toolbar and I want to remove it.
- Simple Browser plug-in that launchs CaddieSync for Mac
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
in firefox, when main window, press ctrl-shift-A. then in the addons control panel, remove whatever you want, and if you use firefox 3 or older, download firefox 4.0 from mozilla official.
I guess I'm a slow learner. How do I get to the "main window"?
It's NOT a toolbar, it's an ADD-ON
You need to restart Firefox and be sure to tell the splash box to "go away", then restart again and the toolbar will be gone.
I have done everything to get rid of this d*** aol toolbar (dlink associated). Removed every query for "aol", "dlink", and "toolbar" using regedit and windows explorer - Fired up Firefox, and it's still on the browser. It is also insidious, whereby it tries to change my home page & does change my search engine (to "AOL"). This happens every time I use Firefox. I may dump firefox for google "chrome" if I can't get this toolbar off.