Firefox will open another link when I click on it and not open links I searched on.
I use Google or yahoo search, it displays the item and link to the web site. I click on this link and I get some other web site. I have to go back to the search page and re click the link to go to that link.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
This started after Firefox updated and about the same time I down loaded Cutepdf. Cutepdf installed the ask toolbar which I unchecked and stopped me from opening new tabs. I ran Lavasoft it removed 100 or so suspected files. Wanted payment to remove the rest. Installed Super Antispyware cleaned up every thing, but it still sends me to other links. this did not find everthing Lavasoft found... I will investigate further.....