I recently accidently upgraded to firefox 3.5.1 and when I did, my bookmarks now only list in recentlyy bookmarked and the when full are removed. How do I get my bookmarks to go in list. I use xp pro
sorry for the repeat but I forgot to add my os.
Just to be sure that you understand how it works:
- Clicking the star in the location bar will bookmark the page in the "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder and the star turns yellow (blue on Mac) to show that.
- The "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder shows in the sidebar and the Library, but not in the Bookmarks menu drop down list.
- Bookmarks > "Bookmark This Page" (Ctrl+D) will bookmark the page in the Bookmarks Menu folder (you need to confirm that).
- If the URL in the location bar is bookmarked (star at the right end is yellow/blue) then click the star or use the Bookmark > Bookmark This Page (Ctrl+D) menu entry to edit the properties of the bookmark (name, location) and move it to another folder or remove the bookmark.
- Click the star at the right end of the location bar once to bookmark the current site and click the highlighted star a second time to open the "Edit This Bookmark" window and move the bookmark to another folder or edit the name.
- Click the Remove button in the "Edit This Bookmark" window to remove a bookmark.
- Click the arrow at the far right of the Folder field in the "Edit This Bookmark" window to access the complete folder list. That full folder list also opens if you click the drop marker in the Folder field and select the "Choose" item. That window also has a button to create a "New Folder" (look for a button with "New Folder" or a "+" under the folder list).
- Use the "Edit This Bookmark" window to locate a bookmarked link (bookmarks have a yellow/blue star) from the location bar drop down list. Do that in Offline mode ("File > Work Offline") to avoid the link from opening.
Other things that need attention:
Your above posted system details show outdated plugin(s) with known security and stability risks that you should update.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0_06 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
Update the Flash plugin to the latest version.
Update the Java plugin to the latest version.
- http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html (Java Platform: Download JRE)