when i use torbutton, it asks to install flash player plug-in but it doesn't allow to download and install it.why?
when i use torbutton in firefox for anonymity, i can not play flash player based videos like youtube and it prompts to install flash player plug-in. i checked add-on in tool menu and found out this plug-in is not installed. i tried to D/L and install it but it doesn't allow me to do it and gives D/L error. whats the problem? it should be noted that i configured "security setting" tab in torbutton prefrences to accept plug -ins rences by unckecking "disable plug-ins during tor using".
It is possible that Tor is blocking Flash content.
Did you post here with Tor enabled?
Do you see the Flash plugin if you disable Tor?
You can check the Adobe welcome and test page: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
Tor,would by default disable all the flash plugin. To enable flash in the portable firebox browser of Tor do the following
- Navigate to the directory where flash is installed. Copy the two files flashplayer.xpt and NPSWF32.dll.
- paste them in these locations Tor Browser\FirefoxPortable\App\Firefox\plugins and Tor Browser\FirefoxPortable\Data\plugins.
- the firefox portable browser. left click on “Tor Enabled”->Preferences in the security setting uncheck the following.
- disable plugins during Tor usage(crucial)
- Isolate dynamic contents Tor state(crucial)
- resize window to the multiples of 50px during Tor usage.
- Thats it. This should enable flash
I did as you said about adobe flash. Now I will need to do one more thing.
I need to enable Lastpass Plugin also in torbrowser.
What do I copy for that ?
This folder does not exist on windows xp
" Tor Browser\FirefoxPortable\App\Firefox\plugins "
So this is not useful solution