Is there a way to open the main browser when only the download window is open ?
Many times I have closed the browser by accident, or when to many windows are open and just cleaning up... normally this happens when a download is being done and then when trying to open the browser again it is not allowed for an instance is already running. Is there a way to open the browser back up just from the download window ?? This does cause the pausing and retry of the download of course, but when doing large files ... gigers, many times I have lost it completely, is there a way around this besides the obvious do not close ?
I know of no way to re-open Firefox in your case. However, you can set a preference that will give you a pop-up message when a download is in progress, then you have 2 options presented; continue with closing Firefox which will cancel the download or cancel closing Firefox and the download will continue. This way one last Firefox browser window remains open along with the download window.
To have Firefox warn you when a download is in progress and you choose File > Exit, change a preference:
- type about:config in the URL/location bar and press the Enter key
- if you see a warning, accept it (promise to be careful)
- Filter = browser.download.manager.quitBehavior
- right-click (OSX: Cmd+click) on that preference
- choose Modify
- enter a new value of 2
- click OK
- you may need to restart Firefox for the change to take effect
- the attachment to this response in lower left corner (DownloadOnExitWarning.PNG)
由 Helper7677 於 修改