Cannot import bookmarks from Safari on a Mac because "import" under the file menu is grayed out.
To import bookmarks from Safari on a Mac following the instructions for the import wizard, I am to select "import" under the Firefox file menu, but "import" is grayed out, so I cannot select it.
- Make sure that you not run Firefox in Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode. In Private Browsing mode some menu items are disabled (grayed) and features like visited links and disabled and not available.
- You are in Private Browsing mode if you see "Tools > Stop Private Browsing", possibly grayed.
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Uncheck: [[ ] "Automatically start Firefox in a private browsing session"