Can't get rid off mean website that pretends to be my home page
There is this mean mainland china website that pretends to be my home page, and I cant get rid off it. Everytime I open my firefox, it leads me to it directly. I had tried to clear my history and the cookies from this website. I even change my home page back to the original firefox page, but if I open my browser, the mean website will still take over first. Then if I click home page botton, I can go to my original firefox page. This is really pissing my off, Can someone please help me out???
Every time Firefox opened
== i went to a mainland china mean website
- -Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Thunder DapCtrl COM Component FireFox Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-TW; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs. You need to use all programs because each detects different malware.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page .......... See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked