Most pages don't display correctly unless I use IE engine to display them
The longer and longer I use Firefox it starts having difficulty displaying webpages. The formating is off, images show but are in wrong areas, and makes navigating and viewing the page very difficult. But once I run the IE engine to display them thru fire fox everything looks the way it should. I have version 3.5.9
URL of affected sites
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Pando Web Installer
- Default Plug-in
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
AVG Safe Search 188.8.131.522, AVG Security Toolbar 3.011.025.005, Download Accelerator Plus Integration 184.108.40.206, IE Tab 1.5.20090525 (only way to display some pages), Inbox.com Toolbar 1.3, Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1,
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
It still does it, running it in safe mode does not help.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems. See [[Basic Troubleshooting|#Make_a_new_profile|Basic Troubleshooting:Make a new profile]]
There may be extensions installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions".
If that new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile (be careful not to copy corrupted files). See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Firefox .................... See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox#Extension_issues