Stop Firefox from remembering my user names
How do I stop Firefox from remembering my user names? I know about how to turn off the password remembering but that doesn't stop it from remembering my user names. The only way i know of to stop it is to clear my history. I don't want to keep doing that every time I close firefox.
Every time Firefox opened
== when it was installed
- -Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Go to Tools > Options > Privacy, make sure that the dropdown menu says "Use custom settings for history", and disable "Remember search and form history". Of course, that will make Firefox forget ALL things input into any forms, not just the usernames.
If you want it to forget just the usernames, then it's possible that there's some extension out there that does it, but I'm not aware of any.
Also, you can easily erase autocomplete entries by doubleclicking any input field, a dropdown with all autocomplete entries will appear, and you can tap delete (keyboard) will hovering the entry you want to delete. Holding delete will erase them all one by one but faster. The dropdown only shows entries for the select field, so you won't be able to delete usernames on fields like "email" or "cellphone".
Disabling that setting will prevent Firefox from remembering new names, but the old names are still saved. You will have to remove names via Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox.
Form History Control: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/12021