sooooooooo slow now. what happened?
soooooo slow now. what happened?
URL of affected sites
- -Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Picasa plugin
- Office Live Update v1.4
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Hi - there seem to be a number of different "slowness" issues. Here are some suggestions for the most common types:
- Frequent "Problem loading page" issues are likely caused by a firewall. See Fix problems connecting to websites after updating Firefox for instructions on how to check firewalls. Antivirus toolbars are another possibility to check; see Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Slow when loading Flash/Java: These issues are usually caused by add-ons or by outdated plugins. First, upgrade all outdated plugins by checking http://www.mozilla.com/plugincheck/. If it's still slow, see Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Slow to start up: This is most often caused by an extension delaying Firefox's startup. See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems.
Reply back to this thread if these suggestions don't help. If you have details about exactly when it's slow, it would really help to have more details. (Which websites, how often, how long it stays slow, does it happen when using extensions?)