Bookmarks Not Importing - Restore Back-Up Missing
I am working in Mac OS 13.2 and just reinstalled Firefox after my OS has to be wiped and restored due to a OS file being corrupted.
When I sign back into Firefox my bookmarks did not re-sync. I followed the “profile / manage bookmarks / restore” instruction, where reportedly Firefox keeps the last 15 back-ups, but I am only getting seeing back-up from the day I reinstalled the browser, so it’s empty.
How do I access my bookmark back ups from a few days ago?
Worst case, I have a time capsule back up. What is the file path to find a file to import Firefox bookmarks?
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
- ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/
In Mac OS X v10.7 and later, the "~/Library" folder in the Home directory is a hidden folder.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)