TB spell checker not working after update
After several recent updates (ie continuing issue) the spell checker is disabled. Re-installing it solves the problem.
On editing/composing a reply all text is shown as red/UL (ie spell error). Reinstalling the English (Canadian) language pack and restarting TB restores it until the next update.
This occurs on 2 machine Win 10 22H2 version. TB currently 102.5.0 (64-bit).
Language packs only affect the language of the interface elements, menus etc. For spellchecks, you must install a dictionary:
Dictionary already installed... Will try reinstalling it but updating the lang pack solved the problem.
Instead of a language pack, I suggest installing the EN-CA version of TB:
Data in the profile folder is unaffected.
> Instead of a language pack, I suggest installing the EN-CA version of TB:
I will try this on the next update.
However it is now happening randomly on 2 machines, not just immediately after an update.
I have reinstalled the dictionary and lang packs.
Installing a dictionary add-on will add a new language option to your Thunderbird spell-checker, which checks your spelling when you fill out Web forms. Language pack add-ons change the language of the entire application.
The Language pack is used to change language of the interface, menus and such. For example you can have one install of Thunderbird or Firefox and be able to switch the language of the user interface with the language packs.
The Spell checker uses Dictionaries. When you want to look up the spelling of a word you use a dictionary.
So the language packs are not needed if all you want to do is languages for the Spell checker to use.
Understood. I have updated both (repeatedly, on 2 machines) and the problem persists (it is actually getting worse...). As suggested previously I will try installing the Canadian-localised version at the next update.
Note that reinstalling the lang pack *has* fixed it, but only temporally.
I have installed the Canadian-localised version . The problem persists. Reloading the (Eng-CA) Dict and/or Lang pack resolves it for a few starts, then it happens again.
Win 10 22H2 on 2 machines.
This looks like a bug.
Text is underlined in red and spell checker does not work.