Open new firefox window on same virtual desktop in Windows.
Issue When opening a link from any other app, the Firefox switches to another virtual desktop if there's an existing Firefox window open.
Reproduce the Issue
- Set Firefox to default browser
- On Windows 10, open 2 virtual desktops. Use Task View button in Taskbar or use keyboard shortcut Win + Tab and then click on New Desktop. Now you should see 'Desktop 1' and 'Desktop 2', if Task View is opened again.
- On Desktop 2, open a new Firefox window.
- Switch back to Desktop 1 from Task View.
- Open any link (E.g.: https://www.mozilla.org/) from any other app like MS Word, MS Teams, etc.
- The virtual desktop would switch to Desktop 2 and open the link on exiting Firefox window.
Question Is there a way to open the link on same virtual desktop in a new window?
Improvement - If it already doesn't exist. Instead of opening the link in existing Firefox window on Desktop 2, open a new Firefox window on Desktop 1 to open the link.