How do I turn off Download status dropdown window?
I like the button that shows the status of anything I elect to download (e.g. an image to put in an error report).
However about a week ago I started getting a pulldown style display in addition to the little status icon. Is there any way to shut that off? It's annoying.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/98.0/releasenotes/ Firefox has a new optimized download flow . . . .
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manage-downloads-preferences-using-downloads-menu Changes to how file downloads are handled in Firefox version 98
- Firefox no longer asks what to do for each file by default
- Downloads panel automatically opens
- Downloaded files are saved to disk
- Set a default app to open a file type
- "Always Open Similar Files" option from the Downloads panel
- Frequently asked questions
You can set this pref to false on the about:config page to prevent opening the download panel on each download.
- browser.download.alwaysOpenPanel = false
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I accept the risk!" to continue.
Thanks for your answer FredMcD! Similarly, is there a way to prevent URL and Search fields' panel from opening automatically? I share Havan_Ironoak's (OP) feeling: these (3) panels are too invasive. I'd just like to display them when I want, not all the time as soon as I click in the URL or Search field. Thank you!