Google Search has been added to Firefox landing page
Why and how has Google Search been added to my browser opening page?
Has Google bought Mozilla? or have they donated enough for Mozilla to become a proxy Marketing and user acquisition arm of Google?
This happened on my Windows machine and have read the below too.
Brian Fagioli, reporting for BetaNews:
- The developers of the Ubuntu-based operating system have agreed to accept an undisclosed amount of money from Mozilla in exchange for making significant changes to Linux Mint. This includes removal of modifications to Firefox and a big change for search. The devs share the upcoming changes to Firefox in Linux Mint 19 and higher.
- The default start page no longer points to https://www.linuxmint.com/start/
- The default search engines no longer include Linux Mint search partners (Yahoo, DuckDuckGo...) but Mozilla search partners (Google, Amazon, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Ebay...)
- The default configuration switches from Mint defaults to Mozilla defaults.
- Firefox no longer includes code changes or patches from Linux Mint, Debian or Ubuntu.
Can you let me know if the above is correct? Cheers.
I guess, I'm asking, is Brave the new 'honest' option in browsers?