Personal bookmarks bar keep on getting empty despite using backup
My personal bookmarks bar has vanished - everytime I use the backup, it comes back the disappear again ... Its just empty ....
My personal bookmarks bar has vanished - everytime I use the backup, it comes back then disappear again ... Its just empty ....
Do you see the bookmarks in the Bookmarks Toolbar folder in the Bookmarks Manager (Library; Ctrl+Shift+O) or sidebar (Ctrl+B) ?
If you use Sync then best is to disconnect Sync temporarily during troubleshooting.
This could be a problem with the places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
- use the "Places Database" -> "Verify Integrity" button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
If errors are reported with "Verify Integrity", close and restart Firefox or reboot and retry.
If "Verify Integrity" cannot repair places.sqlite, rename/remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
- you lose the history when a new places.sqlite is created
You may have to restore an older bookmarks backup in the bookmarkbackups folder via the Bookmarks Manager (Library).
- Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
Thanks for the details - There seems to be no problem with integrity ... I will restore again an older backup and if it still bug I will remove the databases files ...