Synching two computers
Thank you, Fred McD for the links. I was able to determine that synch on my laptop is turned on so both computers should be talking to each other.
However, the one folder that is on my laptop and used to be on my desktop is still not on the desktop even though it is on the laptop. I have written down the websites and will add them to my desktop bookmark list individually. Fortunately, there are only a couple dozen websites in that folder so it will not take forever.
With the help I have been receiving from the Community for my various problems, I am becoming more confident moving around Firefox to do things such as changing my email address.
Thanks to everyone.
Glad to help. Safe Surfing.
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
Thank you, Cor-el. I will give this a try. At least the folder is on one computer and, as mentioned, I have written down the websites.