Page actions button was removed in version 90: is this definitive?
Are those buttons (behind the "page actions" one) supposed to be definitively absent from version 90 on?
They seemed to me one of the most intelligent features in Firefox interface. Some can be added under "customize" option, but copy link and pint tab are not.
Is this removal based on the idea that addons are supposed to provide the same actions anyway?
"Some can be added under "customize" option, but copy link and pint tab are not." - I meant "pin tab" of course. (I'll be more careful when posting here: no edit possible after posting!)
I don't know why the Page Actions menu was removed.
Here's a short summary of where to access those functions now:
New methods for the address bar:
- Bookmark Current Tab: You can click the "star" icon to save the page as bookmark. Alternatively, you can right-click on the tab and choose Bookmark Tab.
- Copy Link: Click on the URL bar and press (Ctrl+C) for Windows and Linux or (command+C) for Mac. Alternatively, you can highlight the URL, then right-click on it and select "Copy" from the context menu. (Alternately, you can use an add-on.)
- Add Search Engine: If Firefox detects that the site offers an installable OpenSearch plugin that you don't already have, there will be an extra item on the bottom of the context menu when you right-click the URL bar (for example, on this site, "Add Mozilla Support").
Optional buttons for the main part of the toolbar:
- Save Page to Pocket: If the Save to Pocket button is missing from the toolbar, you can add it from the Customize Toolbar tab. See Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars.
- Email Link: You can add the Email Link button to the Toolbar from the Customize Toolbar tab.
- Take Screenshot: Right click on the empty part of a page and choose Take Screenshot. You also can add a button to the main part of the toolbar. See: Take screenshots on Firefox.
Moved to the tab's right-click context menu:
- Pin Tab: Right-click on the tab and choose Pin Tab.
- Send Tab to Device: Right-click on the tab and choose Send Tab to Device.
- Share: Right click on the tab and choose Share.