Blue Tear Drops
What are the blue tear drops that randomly surround text? These appeared after a recent update; how to I remove this "feature"? Thanks.
Hi, can you give an example of what they look like? You can attach an image file to a reply. This article has tips on capturing screenshots: How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
Please see the attachment.
I don't know whether those have a name, but I think of them as "selection handles" displayed on touch displays. Is this on a tablet or convertible?
Both of my convertibles started displaying this a couple of weeks ago. It's nothing that I believe I turned on.
Go to about:config and set layout.accessiblecaret.enabled_on_touch = false
Thank you; I made the changes on both of my convertibles and we'll see what happens. By the way, what is the purpose of these tear drops?
As jscher2000 said, it's for touch mode.
I did some testing and you can also use it with a mouse, to make it easier to adjust the selection, especial with leading white-space.
- layout.accessiblecaret.enabled = true
- layout.accessiblecaret.hide_carets_for_mouse_input = false
- layout.accessiblecaret.height = 17.0 (36.0)
- layout.accessiblecaret.width = 15.0 (34.0)
- layout.accessiblecaret.margin-left = -8.0 (-18.5)
I don't know about the phone, I really don't use it for internet searches.
Did you check that these prefs are set to false to hide the carets ?
- layout.accessiblecaret.enabled = false
- layout.accessiblecaret.enabled_on_touch = false
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can click the button to "Accept the Risk and Continue".