Open IoT web site in Firefox
I have a webserver runs on sp8266. Address is http://esptimer/ but when I try to open it in Firefox 80.0 on Linux the address changes to www.esptimer.com and wont work. I tried http://esptimer/ in Google Chrome and it works. Is there is possibility to open IoT local webserver in Firefox?
(changing of keyword.enabled does not work)
^: note that this is about a local server and not internet.
You can look at these prefs on the about:config page.
- browser.urlbar.dnsResolveSingleWordsAfterSearch [0:never resolve;1:use heuristics(*);2:always resolve]
由 cor-el 於 修改
Is it possible your Firefox is using DNS over HTTPS in strict mode? If so, you may need to create exceptions for your local host names. You could take a look here:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste trr and pause while the list is filtered
If the network.trr.mode preference is bolded and has a value of 2 or 3 then DoH is enabled. The difference is:
- Mode 2: if your trusted resolver doesn't know the address, Firefox should check local DNS
- Mode 3: if your trusted resolver doesn't know the address, Firefox should assume it doesn't exist
If you are set to Mode 3, you could try Mode 2 instead.
Alternately, or to save a lookup, you could try this:
(3) Double-click the network.trr.excluded-domains preference to display an editing field:
- If it's blank, type or paste esptimer
- If you already have some host names listed, ad a comma at the end and then type or paste esptimer
Either press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.