Hide Other Bookmarks?
Is there a way to hide the other bookmarks folder?
Hello Josh Huggins.........
There is no completely straightforward way to do this. But depending on exactly what you want to do you could try one of the following:
- Create a new Firefox profile for the hidden bookmarks. Only launch in that profile when you want to see them. See [here] for instructions.
- Create a separate password protected user account on your PC and only log into that when you want to see the hidden bookmarks
- Use a portable version of Firefox and install it on a USB stick. Then run it off the USB when you want to access the hidden bookmarks.
- You can even encrypt the USB for extra protection. See [here]
- Use an online bookmarking service e.g. del.icio.us for the hidden bookmarks. They then won't be displayed along with your standard bookmarks.
I hope one of those will help. Let me know if not.
thank you and regards
edit: fixed the three links as all three were made as SUMO KB links when only one was.
由 James 於 修改
Thanks for the response, but you misunderstood my question. I don't want to hide individual bookmarks, I want to hide the "Other Bookmarks" folder. It just takes up space and I just want all my bookmarks to go to my Bookmarks menu. Thanks again for the reply.
Hi Josh Huggins,
You cannot remove the 'Other Bookmarks' folder. It is the Firefox default location.
But you can use this add-on to always add bookmarks to the folder of choice.
You can't hide this folder.
Firefox uses the Other Bookmarks folder to store new bookmarks that you create by clicking the star.
You an drag the tab instead to a specific bookmarks folder or you can use an extension to set another folder as the default folder.