Blank screen after page load
Hi, I am trying to shift from chrome to Firefox and every time I am on the verge of making my mind with Firefox I come across this issue - so occasionally when I search something or open a website the loading process finishes but nothing displays on the screen. Same thing happened when I tried youtube website page loads but I just hear the video playing but nothing on the screen except red line that showed video progress. If i restart the firefox everything works fine again for sometime Can you please help me resolve this issue if it is just my personal system related or universal?
All Replies (1)
Boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support to see if that has effect in case security software is causing problems.
You can create a new profile as a quick test to see if your current profile is causing the problem.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
Do a clean reinstall of the current Firefox release and delete the Firefox program folder before installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows Registry and settings in security software.
- do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall the current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including personal data in profiles created by other Firefox versions
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (64-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (32-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- it is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you reinstall or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
If you keep having problems then you can create a new profile as a quick test to see if your current profile is causing the problem.