Spell Check Just Does NOT Work Anymore
Auto Spell check does NOT work any more:
(1) Its enabled in settings
(2) I downloaded latest Engish (British) dictionary
(3) I also tried English (US) dictionary
(4) I have latest Firefox version installed
(5) I tried safe mode
(6) I tried resetting Firefix and re-enabled auto spell check in options
It does NOT work
Do you have a dictionary installed and selected?
You can see which dictionary is selected if you right-click in a text area and open the Languages sub menu. At least one dictionary should be installed and have a check mark to indicate that it is selected.
- open the "Add Dictionaries" link to install a dictionary if you do not have one.
The spelling checker is enabled if [X] "Check Spelling" in the right-click context menu has a checkmark.
You can enable or disable spell checking globally:
- Options/Preferences -> General: Language and Appearance: "Check your spelling as you type"
You can look here for dictionaries:
Note that for spell check you need a dictionary. A language pack provides string translations for the user interface.
You can check on the about:config page that layout.spellcheckDefault is set to 1 (multi-line) or 2 (single-line.
由 cor-el 於 修改