Restoring a session from the "Import and Backup" does nothing.
Today I accidentally closed Firefox right after I opened it, before having the chance to restore the previous session. And since then, I've been trying to restore it to no avail. Clicking the "Import and Backup" button in the history, doesn't work at all. It shows the list of the previous sessions, but nothing happens when I click them. No error, no nothing.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36
Those aren't sessions, though are backups of your bookmarks.
If it happens again then make a backup of files in the sessionstore-backups folder.
If you have already updated to Firefox 71 then check whether you have a recent upgrade file available in this folder.
Backup the session files in the sessionstore-backups folder in the Firefox Profile Folder to make sure not to lose possible important session data. Do NOT close Firefox when Firefox is already running.
You will normally find these files in the sessionstore-backups folder:
- previous.jsonlz4 (cleanBackup: copy of sessionstore.jsonlz4 from previous session that was loaded successfully)
- recovery.jsonlz4 (latest version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- recovery.baklz4 (previous version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- upgrade.jsonlz4-<build_id> (backup created during an upgrade of Firefox)
You can copy a file from the sessionstore-backups folder to the main profile and rename the file to sessionstore.jsonlz4 to replace the current file (make sure to backup the current sessionstore.jsonlz4).