When I clear history it does not work it does not clear the history, how can this be fixed
My question is the details.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
When I clear history, it does not work. It does not clear the history.
Maybe an Extension feature? What are your Extensions?
What if you do this?: Menu > Help > Restart With Add-ons Disabled.
Otherwise, something may be corrupted. Someone else here will jump-in here if this could be the problem.
~Pj (Waiting for The Cleveland Browns Season to Start.)
Make sure you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode (Always use Private Browsing mode; Never Remember History).
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security
Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- remove checkmark: [ ] "Always use Private Browsing mode"
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
- use "Verify Integrity" button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
In case errors are reported with "Verify Integrity" close and restart Firefox and retry.
If "Verify Integrity" cannot repair places.sqlite then remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from a recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created