How to do I delete cookies, but keep passwords?
I went to "history" and "clear recent history" and clicked to delete everything except "active logins" but it deleted all my logins and passwords so how do I clear history without having to login to my email again. I have latest version of firefox.
A detail like a website remembering you (log you in automatically) is stored in a cookie.
Let the cookies expire when Firefox is closed to make them session cookies instead of using "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear the cookies.
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> "Use custom settings for history" -> Cookies: Keep until: "I close Firefox"
You can create an "Allow" exception to keep specific cookies for website you want to remember you.
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" -> Settings
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exception for password and other website specific data
- clearing "Cookies" will remove all selected cookies including cookies with an "Allow" exception you may want to keep