Links on websites don't work
My browser has just been updated to Firefox Quantum 57.0 (64-bit) but now links on web pages don't work. If I click on something on a web page nothing happens! How do I correct this please or go back to the previous version of Firefox please?
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
No this didn't fix the problem.
The problem started when Firefox was upgraded. I wondered if it's something to do with popups but I can't find any settings related to popups.
Can I go back to the previous version of Firefox?
Thank you for any help.
It appears that some links are working and not others .....
I'm not sure what has fixed it but the links seem to be working now - maybe the refresh / reset did work.
(PS I found the setting for blocking / unblocking popups but I don't think it was this that made the difference)
Thanks for the reply Matt.
I'm glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. If you haven't already, please select the answer that solves the problem. This will help other users with similar problems find the solution more easily.
Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support.