Hello, I just switched laptops and I used firefox sync on the new laptop. It brought everything but my passwords. Any hint?
I've attached a foto as an example. It migrated the username for all of my accounts but not the stored passwords.
HI Timewarp, I would make sure of two things:
- In your Sync settings do you have passwords marked?
- Can you tell me if you use a master password on the other device? Using a Primary Password with Sync
I am going to need to see your recent sync logs. I can help with the bug submission if it is not Bug 1295122 —
Logs should be turned on by default, but just in case:
How do I turn on sync logs:
- Open about:config and turn on: services.sync.log.appender.file.logOnSuccess and services.sync.log.logger.engine.bookmarks
- Restart Firefox and look at: about:sync-log
- Logs and error messages will be located there paste the latest error log text into your reply please.
Thank you for your help!
One last question, what device were you syncing from and to? (desktop, mobile and operating system are desired. 1073680 )