I need help for The Firefox. http://pesonal-spage.com/all/ - keeps starting up
My homepage is usually google. Somehow - The ... http://pesonal-spage.com/all/ -- always comes back. I reset it and I unistalled firefox and re-installed it and it still comes as the homePage.
AND-- Every few minutes the ffg website - Opens Automatically http://www.bl0ging.net/kiesm
Please help and assist
Most grateful. The problem has been solved.
All the Best to All of u that assisted me.從原來的回覆中察看解決方案 0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 17.9.20044
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.121.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- Unity Player 5.3.5f1
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
First, your Firefox identified itself to the forum as version 40. The current release in Firefox 54.0.1. Is this a particularly ancient installation or what is going on to your knowledge?
You can verify your current version on the Troubleshooting Information page. Either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
It is listed in the first table. If you need to update, try this method: Update Firefox to the latest release.
Second, here's my suggested procedure for tracking down and cleaning up bad add-ons and other hijackers. I know it seems long, but it's really not that bad.
(1) Open the Windows Control Panel, Uninstall a Program.
After the list loads, click the "Installed on" column heading to group the infections, I mean, additions, by date. This can help in smoking out undisclosed bundle items that snuck in with some software you agreed to install. Be suspicious of everything you do not recognize/remember, as malware often uses important or innocent sounding names to discourage you from removing it.
Take out as much trash as possible here. If you're not sure, feel free to post program names or a screenshot of the list.
(2) Open Firefox's Add-ons page using either:
- Ctrl+Shift+a (Mac: Command+Shift+a)
- "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
- in the Windows "Run" dialog, type or paste this command line and press Enter to load it:
In the left column, click Extensions. Then, if in doubt, disable (or Remove, if possible) unrecognized and unwanted extensions; the troublemaker might not be obvious from its name. All Mozilla-installed extensions are hidden from this page, so whatever you see here is your choice and your responsibility to enable, disable, or remove.
Often a link will appear above at least one disabled extension to restart Firefox. You can complete your work on the tab and click one of the links as the last step.
(3) You can search for remaining issues with the scanning/cleaning tools listed in our support article:Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware. These on-demand scanners are free and take considerable time to run. If they finish quickly and especially if they require payment, you may have a serious infection. I suggest the specialized forums listed in the article in that case.
(4) Then finally if needed:
- Restore your preferred home page: How to set the home page
- Restore your preferred default search engine: Change your default search settings in Firefox
Hello. Thanks for that -- But --
I seen 1 program and Uninstalled it. I did Not install the program -- It seems to have installed itself when I was downloading other software.
After that -- I checked the add ons and All are the same as I have for long time to now.
As per google and previous --- I went to about:config I typed in -- pesonal -- and reset it --- But it still appears. I restore to defaults and I close firefox and reopen and it is still the homepage.
The other one that I mentioned --- After uninstalling the software that was Not mine ---
After a few minutes --- it opens Firefox when it is Not open and goes there
Do u have any other advice?
Type about:config<enter> in the address bar. If a warning screen comes up, press the Be Careful button. At the top of the screen is a search bar. Type browser.startup.homepage
What is the value? Right-click and select Reset to restore its default value; about:home
It’s very sad, but many software downloaders/ installers will trick you into installing not only their program, but other programs as well.
You have heard of the fine print in shady contracts, right? Well, some installers you need to look at the itsy bitsy teeny weeny fine print.
You are thinking you are giving the installer permission to install the program you want by using the recommended option. But if you use the Manual Option Instead, you discover all kinds of stuff that you do not even know what it is or what it does.
From now on, everyone needs to Use The Manual Option to put a stop to this.
Note that these programs can also change browser/computer settings.
i tried that. I restarted firefox and it does the same thing
If the home page works (e.g., Ctrl+n new window has the correct home page) until the next time you exit Firefox and start it up again, please check the various other issues discussed in this article: How to fix preferences that won't save.
Hello to Both of the Firefox technicians that assisted in the answers.
The problem of the homepage is SOLVED. I went to Troubeshoot and I REFRESHED firefox.
It took a few minutes and restarted and it went away. Now the homepage is fine.
HOWEVER ... The other problem Even when firefox is Not open ... Now and then firefox opens up and it goes to that page and jumps to another page with ending .ru
Can you help with that? I checked All the software installs. When I refreshed firefox -- It deleted all my add-ons and everything and I deleted the one software which I did Not install - as explained before.
The link that opens is: http://www.bl0ging.net/kiesm
Even when firefox is Not open ... Now and then firefox opens up and it goes to that page and jumps to another page with ending .ru
Did you run the cleaning tools in the malware support article?
Some users also encounter "Scheduled Tasks" which were set up by malware to open advertising pages (or worse). Some past threads on the "dsite" problem:
Most grateful. The problem has been solved.
All the Best to All of u that assisted me.