I am getting "Fiefox can't establish a connection error" for any website link I click on...I have a MAC
I get the same message in Safari and Chrome. So, I use Google. Do a search and that gives me a list of website options and then anything I clock on, will not open. I get "can not establish a connection" or "firefox can not establish a connection".....there is a choice to "try again" which does nothing.
Whoops, I misread your question.
You can load Google in Firefox to do a search. The problem is with links out of Google to results pages.
Does it make any difference if you...
- right-click (or Ctrl+click) a result link and choose Open Link in New Tab?
- click and drag a result link to the tab bar and drop it there when you see the upward-pointing arrow?
What is in the address bar when the page fails to load:
- real address of the site
- Google's exit/tracking link address (https://www.google.com/url?etc.)
- blank space
No, it does not help if I control click a result tab
and, the real address of the site is in the address bar
and, if I click and drag the result link to the tab bar and drop it near the plus sign, as in where you add a new tab, it will open a new tab with the same message about not being able to load a page.
I can load some sites, like Facebook...but almost all sites will not open
Is there any pattern to the URLs? For example, you definitely can open some HTTPS sites. Is there any pattern related to HTTP vs. HTTPS addresses?
Do you use any:
- security software that filters your web connections, e.g., Avast, ESET, Kaspersky
- parental control software
- other third party filtering software or services
- proxy server, private VPN, or peer-to-peer network (Tor, Hola)
I do not use any security software, parental control software or third party filtering software. I do not know what (Tor, Hola) are so I do not use them, to the best of my ability to tell.
It seems to be http addresses
Could you check out these threads on Apple's forums:
- I cannot access HTTP sites, only HTTPS sites... - system-level proxy setting
- cannot load http sites, but https are ok... - how to remove the VSearch trojan
- All browsers in my mbp can't open http website ... - how to test in MacOS X Safe Mode