How do I leave the beta update channel and move to the regular Firefox version?
Hi, Its possible that I am missing out something from the FAQs but I am not able to find the instructions on how to change my version of Firefox from the beta update channel to the regular update channel without reinstalling Firefox. Is there a way to do that from within Firefox or do I have to do a reinstall? If so how can I completely remove all traces of Firefox from my PC before doing a fresh reinstall? Thanks.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.17.20050
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Picasa plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Easiest way is to install the current Release from www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/ which is Firefox 48.0
There is a file you can edit but I believe it only works to go from say Release to Beta vs Beta to Release. Changing app.update.channel preference in about:config has no effect since Firefox 4.0 or 3.6 days as it is just to show what channel you are on.