Full Screen => Hide Toolbars doesn't work
I cannot get Firefox to go into full screen correctly. After selecting Full Screen from the menu the address bar and tab bar continue to appear. If I right click on the tab bar in full screen there's an option labeled "Hide Toolbars" which is checked. Toggling this option on and off doesn't actually do anything.
- Starting Firefox in safe mode
- Creating a new profile
- Toggling full screen on and off repeatedly
- Toggling the Hide Toolbars setting on and off repeatedly
Try to rename/remove the xulstore.json file in the Firefox profile folder. You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
Create a new profile to test if your current profile is causing the problem.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
Do a clean reinstall of the current Firefox release and delete the Firefox program folder before installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- Download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows Registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including data in profiles created by other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you uninstall and reinstall or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
If you keep having problems then create a new profile to test if your current profile is causing the problem.