View Bookmarks from Icon, can see all - view bookmarks from toolbar - cannot see some subfolder contents??? Yos-10.10.4/Fox 42 - please advise.
Using Mac Yosemite 10.10.4 with Firefox 42... Bookmarks were "HTML Imported"... When I view Bookmarks from the Icon on the browser page - I can see all - including all subfolders. When I view Bookmarks from the Toolbar - I can see the contents of the folder - and, most of the subfolders, but not some of the subfolders. When I view "Show All Bookmarks" they all appear. Why am I not able to view all of the bookmarks - in all of the subfolders - from the toolbar drop-down??? Please advise.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Are you talking about the bookmarks toolbar, or the bookmarks icon?
In what root folder are the bookmarks located if you check this in the Bookmarks Manager (Library)?
There are three root Bookmarks folders and bookmarks can only be created in one of those folders and its sub folders.
- The "Bookmarks Toolbar" folder stores the bookmarks that you see on the Bookmarks Toolbar (Firefox > Options or View > Toolbars).
- The "Bookmarks Menu" folder stores bookmarks that show in the Bookmarks menu and are created via "Bookmarks > Bookmark This Page" or via "Bookmark This Link" in the right-click context menu.
- The "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder stores bookmarks that are created by clicking the star at the right end of the location bar.
I imported the bookmarks from another computer. Are you saying the imported bookmarks are saved/managed/stored/sorted differently than in the previous incarnation? And, are you saying that there are three locations a bookmark is saved - and, that a person must save it in each location? Are you also saying that viewing the bookmarks in the toolbar verses the icon would yield a different set of bookmarks. Not sure I'm following your line of thought - please explain/clarify. Thanks.
In some cases the bookmarks end up in the wrong main folder if you import an HTML backup to merge bookmarks. You would have to move them yourself manually if that happened. There haven't been changes to the way bookmarks are organized.
Did you find the bookmarks in the Bookmarks Manager (Library)?
Yes - they all appear to be in the bookmarks library. Any suggestions...
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file (bookmarks, history) in the Firefox profile folder.
- Places Maintenance: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/
If the Places Maintenance extension can't repair the places.sqlite database file then remove all places.sqlite file(s) in the Firefox profile folder to make Firefox rebuild the places.sqlite database file from the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)