How do I uninstall the refresh mozilla
I click on the refresh fire fox browse and lost my old browse which was linked to my msn browser. How do I restore it bach to my old one
Why did you refresh Firefox?
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox?
When you Refresh/Reset Firefox then a new profile is created and some personal data (bookmarks, history, cookies, passwords, form data) is automatically imported. The current profile folder will be moved to an "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop. Installed extensions and other customizations (toolbars, prefs) that you have made are lost and need to be redone.
It is possible to recover data from the "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
If you have an "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop then you can recover some personal data from a recent profile in that folder. Firefox should recover data lke bookmarks, history, cookies, passwords, saved form data, tabs, personal dictionary automatically when you use the Refresh feature to create a new profile. You can copy files like these from the "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop to the current Firefox profile folder to recover specific data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- SQLite files like cookies.sqlite (cookies) and formhistory.sqlite (saved form data)
- logins.json and key3.db (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
- cert8.db for stored intermediate certificates (Certificate Manager)
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for Permissions and Site Preferences
- sessionstore.js for open tabs and pinned tabs and tab groups