Why is reductive navigation not working in Firefox?
We have been experiencing a problem with our reductive navigation on pokershop.com. This is the filtered navigation on the left side of the screen when you are looking at any of the main categories. This is used to help narrow the shopping options for people so that they can more easily find what they want. We didn't change anything on our end regarding the navigation. Honestly, we haven't changed any of that coding in a couple years. We've tried finding a way to fix it going through our programmer and web host and have not been successful. At this juncture, I'm reaching out to you to see if there is anything you can help us with. We've gone through our coding line by line (the problem was replicated on a sister website, bingoshop.com) and we have not been able to find an error, the reductive navigation simply stopped working. Please, help.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.16
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
An error has occurred. An error has occurred. An error has occurred.
Without looking at the program coding, there is no way to tell for sure. The problem looks to be just after the search term is submitted. Look for that section of code.
Once, long ago, there was a problem with a program that the programer just could not find what was wrong. I took a copy of the program. And with pad and pen, pretended I was the computer.
I found the problem. At one point, a value was changed, but later, a different value was returned. I told the programer how to fix the code. (Me just out of school, and he programing for many years . . . Guess how that went.) Well, he changed the code, and it worked as it should.
There are two functions named getParams(), one in
that you are expecting to run, but another in
that Firefox is running instead.
The Web Console (Firefox menu button or Tools > Web Developer) shows an error with the params.js file, so it looks that this file is missing on the server and may have to be re-uploaded.
GET http://gatewayvortx.whoson.com/params.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 142ms] (content: 0 bytes) TypeError: params is undefined
You know, I get the same problem in Google Chrome.
In both browsers, invite.js loads later than categorylogic.js, so the second getParams() (which has no relation to your menus) supersedes the first one.
This must be why we are supposed to namespace everything...